jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Why did two of my articles suddenly get massive traffic in one day?

1. newbizmau profile image93
    newbizmauposted 11 days ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13806319_f1024.jpg
    My top hub, How to Use Cinnamon for Protection received double the traffic for today and the other that received a massive traffic boost was, The Meaning of Camel Power Animal as Your Totem. The Camel Power Animal hub hasn't really performed all that well even after being transferred to the niche site Exemplore and has an average of 344 visits in a week and today reached 188 in one day. Is this a Hubpages glitch or am I getting this traffic organically? The only way I could see a hub getting that much of an increase is to take out an ad someplace. However it happened, I am grateful!

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 11 days agoin reply to this

You can check the stats by going to the hub and clicking on Stats/Referrers. Then select Day. I like it when Google is at the top of the list because it means the hub stands a fighting chance of keeping that traffic. I'm not so ecstatic if it's StumbleUpon or similar because it is always very temporary.

newbizmauposted 11 days agoin reply to this

@theraggededge
        I did check my referrers and the numbers didn't match up to the 188/day traffic. The Google traffic was actually quite low. I guess that is why I'm here asking this question to see if anyone else had this happen where the source or the referrer isn't identified. It's like mystery traffic out of nowhere.

Today the traffic for my Camel Power Animal Article is about 138. That is still a large increase from where it has been performing for the past few years.

But get this. Today the Google.com and other referrers from Bing and Pinterest and other Google country search engines match the 138. I know that some traffic can't be identified but I sure would like to know so I can thank them.

2. poppyr profile image99
      poppyrposted 11 days agoin reply to this

Congratulations! Maybe someone posted it on Reddit or something and got a lot of visitors. As theraggededge mentioned, you can check the traffic source from your Account page.

2. Dabby Lyric profile image82
    Dabby Lyricposted 11 days ago

That's Awesome!

I'd loved to read your How to Use Cinnamon for Protection Hub.  My Hubby and I both love cinnamon in just about everything lol.

Congrats to you!  I'm new here so it's encouraging to read a success story.

Have a wonderful day!

3. sallybea profile image100
    sallybeaposted 11 days ago

I found the article posted on a site called GirlsAskGuys.  They posted a link to your article.  I don't know if this is good or bad!

Ok wow! Let me check it out!

2. newbizmau profile image93

@Sallybea
      Mystery Solved! Thank you!

I found her! Her profile name on GirlsAskGuys is SweetHomicdalQueen and she wrote a small article in a section of the site called My Take and it's called The Symbolism of Camels. She sourced my article because she used one my quotes.

I searched her and found that she was Editor of the month in April. This GirlsAskGuys site seems like it has a lot of Google pull or is at least popular with a certain audience. I joined and may write a few My Takes myself as an experiment to see if anything happens. It may have better results though with a more active member like her.

If anyone is looking for new avenues for traffic this may be a good place to start chatting it up.

4. Dabby Lyric profile image82
    Dabby Lyricposted 11 days ago

Glad you figured it out!  That's very cool that she referenced you like that!

working