jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

Question about the CPM

1. Mamerto profile image93
    Mamertoposted 3 weeks ago

I'm just wondering if CPMs really go down by January. I'm having a good revenue these past months, considering that I just started this June.

2. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 3 weeks ago

From what I see, just keep doing what you are doing.

Mamertoposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks! I think I will come up with more topics beyond animes and EDC just to expand my niche.

3. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image100
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 3 weeks ago

I think it depends totally on what you're writing about. My CPM does drop during the holidays and into the new year but then always picks back up as we head towards spring.

4. Mamerto profile image93

Thanks, this could be helpful. I really have no idea on why CPM fluctuates sometimes smile

5. paperfacets profile image90
    paperfacetsposted 3 weeks ago

Yeah, it is what you write about.  After a year or two you will see the pattern develop. Then you can decide which subjects need more work. I get my spikes in the spring for some subjects and for the Holidays for others.

Thanks for the tip!

6. TessSchlesinger profile image95
    TessSchlesingerposted 3 weeks ago

To date, my CPMs have always dropped during the holiday period (as has my traffic). This year, for reasons I am not quite sure about,the CPMs have doubled or trippled.

7. Randy Godwin profile image92
    Randy Godwinposted 3 weeks ago

I've been here almost 9 years now and in my opinion it varies from person to person depending on what topics--and how many different successful niches--they write in. Some subjects are seasonal like hunting, camping, skiing, gardening, etc. The trick is to write for each season if you can. Of course, some niches work well year round, automobile repair, home maintenance, electronics, are just some year round subjects which earn well.

It also depends on the writer.

8. Urbane Chaos profile image94
    Urbane Chaosposted 3 weeks ago

For me, my traffic is the highest during the height of winter and summer.  When the weather is nice, traffic drops. 

Most of what I write about relates to Oklahoma's history or strange places in the state.  When it's too hot or cold to do anything outside, people spend more time indoors (and on the computer visiting my hubs!). 

I agree - a lot of it relates to what you write about.  For example, if it's all "Summer Fun", then you wouldn't have a lot of visitors during the winter months.

9. Mamerto profile image93

Thanks for the tips guys! This will really help me.

10. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 3 weeks ago

For our sites on average, the 4th qtr has significantly higher earnings. This is when advertisers pay significantly more. They are seasonally lower in January, but June is usually pretty good:)

1. paradigmsearch profile image93
      paradigmsearchposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Merry Christmas, Paul. What you and others have done is amazing.

2. Mamerto profile image93

Thanks Paul for the helpful tip. And merry Christmas!

3. Sherry Hewins profile image99
      Sherry Hewinsposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

This year the 4th quarter has been great. Views are down, but earning are up!

11. Mamerto profile image93

It is Sherry! In fact I'm earning twice as much as before even though traffic remains the same.

working