jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

I keep fiddling with this post but it never passes. Help?

1. Skinpicking profile image80
    Skinpickingposted 2 weeks ago

Hey!

Here's the article: Best Way To Tell if Someone You Know is Suffering from Skin-picking Disorder (must be signed in to view).

It had links to online therapy sites, which I removed. I added more pictures, like the tweezers. Kinda lost on why it's still considered bad...

1. Will Apse profile image93
      Will Apseposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

There are a lot of minor issues like unnecessary white space, a poorly formatted table and a numbered list with full sentances without capitals or periods.

You repeat 'skin' and 'skin picking' a lot. Perhaps enough to constitute keyword stuffing.

The first picture is probably blurry enough to be considered low quality.

2. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 2 weeks ago

Iris, I do not have a lot to add to Will´s suggestions since he pointed out the main problems, but I am curious as to the email that HP sent you. Did they point out any specific area that needs to be fixed? One of my emails just said "proofread", which was not much help at all, but some of them will point out spammy elements, pixelated photos, etc. Let us know.

1. Skinpicking profile image80
      Skinpickingposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

No, just a huge block of text saying nothing specific.

3. DaveOnline profile image85
    DaveOnlineposted 2 weeks ago

Did you cite your photographs? Even if they're you're own I think they must be cited.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

If the photos are your own, you don't have to cite (credit) them.  However, it can be a good idea to do so, for avoidance of doubt.  The best way to do it, though, is not in the photo capsule - just put a note at the end of the article to say "photos are the author's own".

working