I Have Ins. with your Co., How do I get Info. on my account? I need to know who

1. profile image43
    wcharperposted 8 years ago

I Have Ins. with your Co., How do I get Info. on my account? I need to know who is listed as the person who will get the money when I die?

2. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

To the best of my knowledge you would have to call the insurance company and give them the policy number if you have it.  If you don't have it you would probably need to give whatever information they ask for, so they can look it up.  They may not be willing to give information over the phone, in which case they may tell you to request it in writing. 

Once you've established that you are who you say you are, and what the policy number is, you should then be able to ask who the beneficiary is.

Regardless of what the actual procedure is, the first place to start is by calling the company and asking what you need to do from there.

3. shirleybill profile image56
    shirleybillposted 8 years ago

My first question would be: who took out the insurance? If you didn't take out the insurance, then you won't be able to access the account because it is not your account.
    If this is your account, and is actually yours, taken out by you, then all you have to do is to contact the company.

working