jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

7 items you didn’t know you could recycle!

1. RKHenry profile image79
    RKHenryposted 8 years ago

Just received a tweet from http://www.twitter.com/whgnikki

Very interesting article on 7 items you didn't know you could recycle. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21642033

Here is some of what they wrote;
    1. Athletic shoes

Got a pair (or a pile) of old sneakers that are too worn out to give to charity? Nike will recycle any brand of athletic shoe through its Reuse-a-Shoe program. You can drop shoes off at any Niketown store or Nike Factory store; the company also has other drop-off spots, and if there’s not one near you, you can mail shoes in. (Get details on the Nike Web site.) The company processes and recycles the footwear to make sports surfaces for basketball courts, tennis courts, running tracks and playgrounds. Right now they’re collecting shoes to make athletic surfaces for New Orleans, to help bring youth sports back to the city as it rebuilds. To date, about 20 million pairs of athletic shoes worldwide have been recycled through the Reuse-A-Shoe program.

2. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

That sounds nice. I think after doing some research on the matter and adding some of your own stuff you could have had made it into a good Hub. What say?

1. RKHenry profile image79
      RKHenryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I guess so.  But not interested.  Feel free to run with the idea.  But this information came from a blog.  But I just thought I'd do my part to help spread the recycle message along.  I write about endangered ocean life.  But please feel free to fly and write a hub about this for yourself.

3. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 8 years ago

Is General Motors On that List?

1. packerpack profile image61
      packerpackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

big_smile Again general motors?? Looks they did something serious to you!

working