jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How long do you take to write a hub?

1. juhi basoya profile image59
    juhi basoyaposted 8 years ago

How long do you take to write a hub?

Some hubbers seem to take only about an hours, some take 5-6 while others upto a day or even more. Is that including the research time or just the writing time?

2. HannahLW profile image61
    HannahLWposted 8 years ago

Having only written two hubs, perhaps my answer may not appear to be the best representation of hubbers.
    However, I find it takes me several hours to write a hub, although I have been working on one now for a couple weeks (off and on). The research or gathering of material takes about an hour or two previous, and then it takes me about a 2 hours to write, then after I write, I go back and proofread everything a few times, which takes about an hour. I then finish the layout and publish! The hubs I have published, I spent a good chunk of my day writing... so, it is difficult to say. I think the amount of time put into a hub results in the quality and density of the subject on which it is published. You can tell when a person spends time on their hubs. They are generally more informative and readable. So! I have no idea how much time others spend on their hubs. But I like the ones that have been well thought out.

3. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 8 years ago

It depends on the hub. If it's a book review I can throw one out there in an hour or so. If it's a topic I need some research on it can take me several hours if I feel like doing it in one shot. I have about 5 hubs right now that are in the works because I come up with a topic I want to write about, save it and work on it for a few days and publish it. It really depends on how fast you write and what you're writing about.

4. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 8 years ago

It depends on how much I know about and enjoy the topic. Some things are a struggle and take quite a while, days even. Others I can write in an hour or two.

5. OregonWino profile image71
    OregonWinoposted 8 years ago

Yeh, I agree, it will really depend on what you are writing about and whether you consider the research time as included.  If I have a set topic and know what I want to write, then it will take me around 1-2 hours.  But I also have ADD and listen to music and e-mail and text etc while writing.