jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why should I publish my stuff here rather than somewhere else?

1. johnasimon profile image51
    johnasimonposted 8 years ago

Why should I publish my stuff here rather than somewhere else?

Hub Pages wants original content, and I am penalized for publishing duplicate content. However, Hub Pages doesn't pay me. I don't get it. How do I make money here. Does adsense really bring in that much?

2. successfulblogger profile image58
    successfulbloggerposted 8 years ago

I guess it would depend on how much you are making writing somewhere else. The more content you have the more it adds up. Your traffic is key, I just wrote a hub how to reach 100,000 hubbers which is bringing me a great deal of traffic. If I start getting lots of clicks on it, then the adsense money will really add up.

3. Susana S profile image98
    Susana Sposted 8 years ago

Some hubbers like sunforged, lissie and nelle hoxie make an excellent living on HubPages through adsense, ebay and amazon, but they work hard at it! 

The advantage of HubPages is that your articles will get indexed quickly by google and can reach number 1 in the search results very quickly, hence more traffic and more adsense clicks. It takes a great deal longer to achieve this with your own website or blog.

Adsense can be a good earner if you choose the right keywords and write on topics where the ads will be a high cost per click.

Another good thing about hubpages is that once your articles are written they can keep earning for you indefinitely if you write on evergreen topics.

Good luck and get writing!

4. Christopher Floyd profile image59
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

I don't use any of the adsense nonsense. I'm here to have my writing read. I want a readership, not more crowd sourced material. I for one tend to avoid hubbers who are hungry for a buck in favor of those who are writers. For income, I have a job.