jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)

Did Staff Move Stats To Somewhere Else?

1. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Hubbers,

If you've not taken a look at your statistics page, then I advise you do so. It appears as if Staff has completely eliminated the slideshow views as a statistic?

If this was indeed the case and it wasn't moved elsewhere, then why wasn't the community told about it?

If it was moved to another location? Then where did it go to? And, just to let you know, I doubt it was moved somewhere else. However, I figured I'd ask first.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My slideshow stats have been there/not there for the last couple months...

1. Pcunix profile image87
        Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I haven't even thought to look at that in ages..

2. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I haven't been missing them on my stats page, at least not for the last week or so. I watch them, because of my Celebrity hubs. Now, all those stats are gone.

1. IzzyM profile image88
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well I'm sure they were there recently, they seem to disappear and reappear throughout the day.

I don't like them anyway, so I'm not bothered.

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks cagsil I have been doing this for awhile continually forgetting, letting it slide and went on with my show?  lol

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I'm seeing slideshow stats right now.

1. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Now its not there smile LOL seems to be like game of  peek-a-boo

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Actually, I have figured it out. But, thank you for all who responded.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
      mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago in reply to this

What did you figure out exactly Cags? Did you find out why this is happening?

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

*bumping* this thread....hopefully a STAFF member can jump in here and figure out if this is a glitch of some sort or if programmers changed something?

4. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

Mine are there...... I notice that they are all recorded in my Google paralytics (not a spelling mistake - looking at them too often prevents any real work) and they can make quite a difference in average time on page and bounce rates etc when you look at how the data is calculated (just a little aside there..lol)

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

They keep coming and going all the time. I don't use them anyway so am not bothered if they lose them altogether, but would like HP to make a decision about it one way or the other so it makes the stats page less unpredictable and tidier.

6. Kurant82 profile image66
    Kurant82posted 5 years ago

Kurant82 1 minute ago:

Cagsil is like James Bond, he is the 007 of the land of HP, I am serious sometimes when I am writing on HP I get nervous and look out the window just to make sure Cagsil 007 is not out there waiting to pounce on me. I say this out of respect for the mentioned hubber, Cagsil is truly a very dedicated hubber and we are lucky to have people like him participating in these forums.

pertaining to the topic about stats: I noticed that just now to? Is their a reason for this?

7. brittanytodd profile image91
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

You can still see the slideshow views for individual hubs on the hub's stats, but yes, the slideshow views keep popping in and out on the main statistic page.  I hope they fix this soon.

8. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 5 years ago

We are looking into it.  Thanks!

9. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Thank you Robin. smile

10. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 5 years ago

Here's the info I go back from our engineers: We hide the slideshow views if you have five times more Hub views than slideshow views over the last 24 hours. If you would like to see your slideshow views, you can always open the CSV export.  Hope that clarifies the issue for everyone.  Have a great night!

11. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

So, I was right, it was a programmer's action that changed things. Thank you Robin. smile

working