jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If One Works Hard At A Job Everyone Can Do, You Can Not Prosper. Is Writing In T

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

If One Works Hard At A Job Everyone Can Do, You Can Not Prosper. Is Writing In That Category?

I Was Told That By One Of You In Answer To A Question I Had Asked.

2. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 8 years ago

Not every one can write. Everyone can type words into their computer, but that doesn’t make it good writing. Not even everyone here can write. Eventually that gets noticed and they get ignored.

Not everyone will stick it out either. Most blogs get abandoned after a few months or even weeks.

The ones who are good and stick it out will rise to the top eventually.

Look at Darren Rowse, Steve Pavlina, etc.

3. profile image0
    loriamooreposted 8 years ago

Trust me, not everyone can write.  All too often as I teach graduate level classes, I am appalled by the lack of writing skills of my students.  Not only do they struggle with basic grammar and punctuation, but they lack the ability to express themselves stylistically.

And then there are the Generation Y'ers a/k/a Millennials.  They somehow think that texting language replaces the English language and you'll sometimes see them here on HubPages writing things like "What r u doing?"

Writing is a true skill, an art.

4. Springboard profile image81
    Springboardposted 8 years ago

Hard work is not always the end all to be all. Having a hard work ethic is always necessary, however, to achieve any success no matter what it is we do. Hard work advantages us, but it does not guarantee our success.

In every aspect of our success there are certain talents which we have that also play a role along with that hard work. It really does take both. You have to be good at what you do, and you have to have the passion and the commitment to do it—knowing that even with talent comes work.

You can go to medical school for 20 years and never become a great doctor. You can write 100 novels and never become a great writer. You can play a guitar for 10 years and never become good at it. All of the above require hard work, but do not necessarily equal success without having the talent to heal, or write, or play a musical instrument.

There is that old saying that you either have it, or you don't. It's the honest truth.

5. Kotori profile image68
    Kotoriposted 7 years ago

Some of the most successful writers I see are ones who have been college educated in English, Literature, or writing.  I don't think that's a coincidence. 

In fact, I'm not sure that I can even think of a single job that "everyone" can do.

working