jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What was it about Hubpages that made you join?

1. waynet profile image73
    waynetposted 8 years ago

What was it about Hubpages that made you join?

2. Amber Allen profile image67
    Amber Allenposted 8 years ago

It was the sense of community that I felt from reading the comments on the hubs I read.  I wanted to belong.

3. MyWebs profile image81
    MyWebsposted 8 years ago

Two main reason:
    1) They share revenue with their members
    2) Major search engine authority which I can manipulate every which way to Sunday and back to rank quicker, more easily for more competitive keywords.

Now that I've been here a minute or two I would add the community aspect was the icing on the cake.

A bit off topic.. but If I could dabble in some PHP, MySQL and Ajax coding here that would be so awesome. Or even just basic JavaScript with a simple PHP proxy. (probably never happen though for security reasons) sigh

4. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 8 years ago

I like the revenue sharing idea, and also that it is so easy to use to add amazon, ebay and videos. It is very user friendly. I also enjoy the community aspect and find the other hubbers extremely helpful.

5. 8.days.thinking profile image54
    8.days.thinkingposted 8 years ago

Wanted a site to express opinion, share ideas, and open discussion. I have tried other blog sites but this seems to be the simplest and most put-together site I have found to date.

6. PMS9 profile image72
    PMS9posted 8 years ago

I joined here because of revenue sharing... also this site is simple to use.

7. emievil profile image79
    emievilposted 8 years ago

When I first saw HubPages after following a link from another site, I was attracted to its general look. I joined HP  because I saw that this is a free site where I can write whatever I want, whenever I want. Plus, I liked the hubs that I first read here.

I didn't find out about the earnings and the revenue - sharing and the forums and the other things after I've been here for a few days already! Until now, the chance to write for free and having a great platform to boot are still the main reasons why I keep writing in HP.