jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I make it through boot camp?! I'm the mom sitting at home! I

1. profile image44
    D-Georgesposted 7 years ago

How do I make it through boot camp?! I'm the mom sitting at home! I

My 23 yr old son entered boot camp on March 18, I did get the 27 second call to let me know that he arrived. On Saturday March 20th I received a 10 minute call from him. Was this a reward? I couldn't hear him very well. Also he is very sensitive, how will this experience of breaking him down change him? He was so quiet during the call, I'm worried sick over boot camp! But also so very proud!! He entered at E-3 and going to Nuke school after boot camp.  Thanks!!

2. green tea-cher profile image60
    green tea-cherposted 7 years ago

Can't answer your question because I have never been there. But, good for you for letting your son do what he wants to do. You sound like a typical Mom, worried but proud. I'm sure he will decide if it is right for him or not. In the mean time worrying won't change anything.  Can he stay in touch by email?

3. profile image45
    hate2bAkiljoyposted 7 years ago

He will be just fine.  I was his age when I went to the Army.  I remember my Mom crying when I broke the news as to what I signed up for.  Your son was still in shock when you had the last call.  You know... that "OMG, what have gotten myself into" shock.  We all went through it and came out better people feeling accomplished that we made it. At least he doesn't have to go through the gas chamber like I did.  The Army video taped it and sent it home.  My mom was really worried then.

4. profile image53
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

i'm sure this'll b very hard 4 both of u. i think he could've researched all the trues about this b4 he enlisted

working