This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

What causes a frozen download and stubborn uninstall? Is there a hub on this top

1. aoiffe379 profile image55
    aoiffe379posted 8 years ago

What causes a frozen download and stubborn uninstall? Is there a hub on this topic?

I have been trying to download the driver for Lexmark X3470 to go with my HP Pavilion with Windows 7 64 bit and Explorer 8. I got 38% completed before I took a nap. An hour and a few minutes were left. When I woke  nothing had changed.I tried to close it but it did not budge. I had to clear all the downloads. One download asked for money though it pretended to be free. I have tried to uninstall it but it is stubborn.I have two such mules on my desktop! A scan of my computer says it is normal. I tried malwarebytes on my XP computers and they are not working. Are there any hubs on my plight?

2. brakel2 profile image81
    brakel2posted 7 years ago

We had an uninstall problem that crashed our computer. We were told later that some programs request that you go to their website for help with the uninstall procedure.. Our software was one of them, and we were unaware of it. So you might go to the website for help.Sometimes you can go to My Computer to find the program and delete what files are left from there. At times, after an uninstall, some files remain.

working