jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the three top things do I need to do to increase my hubscore?

1. MakeMoneyGoal profile image71
    MakeMoneyGoalposted 7 years ago

What are the three top things do I need to do to increase my hubscore?

Hi Kathryn, I see by your hub score you are doing it all very well indeed!!! Can you please give me some pointers?

2. vox vocis profile image84
    vox vocisposted 7 years ago

Wait a little longer as your hubscores will certainly rise with time. The profile score too.  It has been only nine hours since you joined Hubpages, so no rush! Some people suggest not to publish more then three hubs a day (you will see with time how it will work out for you). Put links into your hubs (link your hubs one to another) and use other sites like SheToldMe, StumbleUpon, Redgage etc. for backlinks. Hang around in the forum section a little to introduce yourself to other hubbers, read other people´s hubs and leave a comment if you find them interesting. Be patient! :-)

P.S. If your profile score doesn´t go up in a week, you need to inform the Hubpages team via email (it should be much higher, but give it some time).

3. Jamie101 profile image53
    Jamie101posted 7 years ago

To increase you hubscore try writing more in detail. Explain what you are talking about and seperate them by topic. This will make it seem more "put together". Also if your not adding pictures, try finding a picture or two to match your hub. But whatever you do...avoid writing short, non-detailed hubs. Good Luck and I hope my advice helped:)
                               -Jamie101

4. Polly C profile image92
    Polly Cposted 7 years ago

Aim for around 1000 words or more and make sure your grammar is good and that your text is entirely original, i.e all your own words. You don't need to have a lot of hubs for a high score, just good ones.

5. MakeMoneyGoal profile image71
    MakeMoneyGoalposted 7 years ago

Thank you all. After a few days and 10 hubs my experience is as follows:

1. My score fell quickly as I added eight articles in one go. This meant that all 8 started with a score of 50 and since I was a new hubber this led to my Author score to fall to around 23 which is why I was so jumpy about things.

2. I then read a hub about not adding any more than 3 hubs in one day as the lower score will dilute down your author score. Seems that’s what happened to me.

3. Day 2 I added three articles and steadily my articles are scoring higher, with most over 60 and some at 70 and now my Author Score is rising steadily as well.

4. I have added some back links from my web site and through some articles published at EzineArticles and now await the results for these but hopefully as they are bringing external traffic to my hubs this will increase my author score some more.

I think the above is a good reflection of how hub pages work. In other words, add quality articles over time, not too many at once and get some links pointing to your profile from other sites, forums, web sites or ezine sites and watch your profile score rise and get more traffic. Rinse and Repeat!!

I hope this helps any other newbs!

Thanks again for your answers.

working