jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How long does it take you to write a Hub?

1. EpicNoob profile image49
    EpicNoobposted 7 years ago

How long does it take you to write a Hub?

Before now it would actually take a whole lot longer. I guess it depends how in depth the Hub is, but on average I'd say 2 hours.

Are you a fast Hubber or a tortoise like myself?

2. waynet profile image74
    waynetposted 7 years ago

Depends on how well you know your content that you want to write or what you might have researched beforehand, typically though it takes me 30 minutes to write a 1000 word hubpage and I rarely do them! more like 600 words.

3. EpicNoob profile image49
    EpicNoobposted 7 years ago

Man you're fast. Need to take a leaf out of that book of yours...

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I find that each Hub takes as long as it takes.  They are very individual.

5. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

For me, a hub can take a couple of hours.  But as those pointed out before me, it does depend on how well you know the content, how well you write, and how easily satisfied you are with your work.

Sometimes a hub that has taken me a couple of hours to write, takes me two or three days before I publish it.   I keep going back to it to see if it still makes sense.

6. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

I am freaking amazed that people can write anything in 30 mins or two hours -- it takes that long just to edit it or put in photos or video in it!.

What are these people on? And is their time-scale  the same as mine?

I feel like that original Star Trek episode when Capt. Kirk hears a bee - and it those people moving as super fast ultra speed.

Crap there goes up another hub!

7. True Blue Tips profile image67
    True Blue Tipsposted 7 years ago

It takes me about two hours.  I start by laying out the foundation of the hub with the right number of text, picture, amazon and video capsules.  I usually use the same format each time.  Then I go looking for pictures to add to the hub. After that I add the amazon items and then start looking for videos at YouTube.  Once I have the look together I can decide on what kind of articles I'm going to write.  At this point the hub kind of steers me to the writing.  I also try to pick a subject I already have some knowledge on or want to know more about and I have an interest in learning more about the subject.