jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

How long does it take you to write a Hub?

1. drpennypincher profile image93
    drpennypincherposted 4 years ago

How long does it take you to write a Hub?

I would say it usually takes me about 3 hours to write a 1000 word article with 3 pictures and publish it on HubPages.  Sometime it takes longer if I need to do a lot of research or decide to take some pictures, etc.  How long does it take you to write a Hub?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8371423_f260.jpg

2. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I would agree.  It takes me 3-4 hours depending on what I'm writing about.  One of my Hubs took an entire week because it took a lot of research. 

A few of the Hubs I've written based on nature, so I had to go hiking to get pictures and information.  That's the fun part to me.

drpennypincherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes when I'm having a lot of fun working on a Hub,  I spend MUCH more time than necessary polishing it up and adding the right details...

3. liesl5858 profile image89
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

I would say about 3 to 5 hours with a 1000 or more word hub but if it's only a short hub it will take me 2 to 3 hours including uploading photos to go with my hubs.

Sometimes I spend a lot of time finding the right photo that I can use, or even wait a few days until I can take my own pictures.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Most of my hubs so far are topics for which I've already done some research or have personal experience with so I can spend more time writing and less time on the research. I'd say the actual writing usually takes an average of two hours because, most of the time, I have to rearrange the notes to fit the format. There are also times I don't like the way my notes sound when written as a hub so I have to do some reworking. I'd say most of my time is spent proofreading and polishing the final product.

Sometimes I surprise myself with my lack of ability to spell correctly- I take time to check for spelling and wrong word issues a few times before I hit the 'publish' button.

5. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

It depends on the subject matter.  Some I can do in an hour or less, others have taken many hours. I am a niche writer though in a couple of areas, so I can pull a lot from my own experience/knowledgebase or know just where to go to source information and that helps immensely.  The writing isn't what takes so long, it's putting it together and arranging it how I want it.

The formatting always takes longer than I expect, even though I keep it pretty simple.  Plus I spend time finding good Amazon products on the Hubs where this makes sense.

6. profile image94
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

Seems I am pretty average in the time it takes me to write a hub. It takes me around 3 or 4 hours to write a hub depending on the complexity of the subject. It takes me around 1 to 2 hours to upload it and tweak it until it is ready to go.

I can relate to spending time tweaking and fine tuning.  I often think I have my hub finished, I push the "publish" button, and then I find one more thing to change...

7. kknde profile image60
    kkndeposted 4 years ago

depend on the hub, but I would say at least 2 hours.

If I typed at full speed, which is 40 words per minute for me, it would take 25 minutes just to type 1000 words.  I think the fastest I have produced a hub is probably 2 hours.

working