jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I am new to hubbing and would like to know what some basic pointers are.

1. amurbach profile image85
    amurbachposted 7 years ago

I am new to hubbing and would like to know what some basic pointers are.

How can I really make decent money? Is there someone out there who is currently thriving with this?

2. TheWicklessCandle profile image54
    TheWicklessCandleposted 7 years ago

Publish a lot,
    Publish well,
    Do keyword research,
    And stay active in hubpages!

3. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Familiarize yourself with the terms or service and functionality of the site.  Go to the main page and read hubs by other writers.  You will need to read a fair cross-section of writers to get a feel for the quality and style differences. This will give you a sense of how you want to approach your hubs. Once you are comfortable there, look at doing a hub on a subject with which you have comfort. Try to keep the quality of your content and style high. Proofread, get the errors out.  Take time in choosing your title carefully and make sure your piece is strong in the opening lines so you grab the attention of the reader.  This will up your odds of gaining points in the scoring.  The better scores you get then the better your changes for exposure of your article on the hub in "hot lists" in the various genres. Then keep writing steadily and submitting hubs keeping your quality in place and looking to gain exposure.  Start reading hubs and writers that you like. Score them and leave comments.  Comments gain you exposure.  Sign up to follow particular writers and become a fan...again exposure and visibility.  Good luck! WB

4. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 7 years ago

Just to add a little to Wayne's great advice you will want to sign up for AdSense and if you are going to be putting adds for amazon on your Hubs then you will want to sign up for and amazon account. You can find out how to do this in the help section. Welcome to HubPages and I wish you much success.