jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Does anyone else notice the trend of nonsense questions have been getting much w

1. jasoncox83 profile image74
    jasoncox83posted 7 years ago

Does anyone else notice the trend of nonsense questions have been getting much worse lately?

2. IsadoraPandora profile image82
    IsadoraPandoraposted 7 years ago

Well, right now, there are a lot of people laid off and trying to keep their minds off bills in the states. lol

3. jasoncox83 profile image74
    jasoncox83posted 7 years ago

Perhaps, but like others I have had many questions not getting answered that was legit concerns due to the amount of spam.

4. point2make profile image80
    point2makeposted 7 years ago

It is really getting silly, in here, at times. I agree completely with your observations. Some of the questions are really getting out there.

I have often wondered how and why people believe the things they do. The actual facts or , in most cases, the truth seldom matters in many of the arguments I have read. I have come to realize that many people have very little grasp or real interest in the facts of their own argument and have been programmed,by many sources, to believe in their own bias instead.

What is truly sad is that in most cases 5 minutes of research on any subject will give you enough of an understanding of most issues to make an informed decision. It would seem that some here are not interested in any effort at searching for the truth. 

I have always enjoyed reading or taking part in the many great debates on issues of the day found here at hubpages.I also enjoy debating with people who can and do defend their position with facts and passion. I only hope those kinds of questions and exchanges don't get lost in the noise.

5. Jeniferr profile image82
    Jeniferrposted 7 years ago

I've noticed this as well and don't take part in answering, many times, because it's hard to find a question that I really think is worth responding to. 

Sometimes it seems like the questions are being asked by non-native speakers, others are just ridiculous (but sometimes amusing) and it seems people are just trying to raise their Hubscore--which I think is great but there are more constructive ways of doing so.

Hopefully Hubpages will find a better way to sort out the obvious questions.

6. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Yep, you get the gibberish, all right, some might be trying to improve their English, or English is a second language, but they need to be told or they will never improve.
    The statement, where the writer presumes you can hear the questioning intonation in the written word.
    And there are the questioners that get uptight because you answer the question that was asked rather than the question that they should have asked, something about bread is the one I can bring to mind at the moment.
    Then there is the silly things that turn up a zillion answers in 1/4 of a second on google - How do I get a visa for Canada...
    It has been argued that this section was for people to put up requests for hubs to be written, and that is why there is so much nonsense on here.  The operative word is - was, therefore, it doesn't serve that purpose anymore, so questioners should ask questions as questions and ask what they mean to ask, the population of HPs isn't made up of interpreters and mind readers..

7. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Yes i have to agree.By not having anything else to do one sometimes let the birds out of the cage.

8. Spider Girl profile image74
    Spider Girlposted 7 years ago

There's been so much spam lately and I just hate those silly ads posted here offering some rubbish services and products, we all need to flag such questions right away!

9. marketedge360 profile image60
    marketedge360posted 7 years ago

I'm new to hubpages, so I cant determine if there is a trend, however, when I was looking for questions to answer, it was almost as if people were just asking questions for the sake of posting something.

Not sure if they are awarded "points" or not, but, it sure takes away from the potential power of hubpages.

10. KKalmes profile image61
    KKalmesposted 7 years ago

flagrantly so... with 49K questions you can review 300-400 before you find one that you don't flag and can honestly want to answer or take part in an interesting conversation.

Closed to reply