jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you follow the followers?

1. Mom Kat profile image79
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

Do you follow the followers?

when someone follows you, do you then feel obligated to return the favor and follow them as well?

2. profile image0
    ankigarg87posted 7 years ago

yes i follow the followers.Yes i feel obligated to return the favor and follow them as well

3. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Not really, I look up,their profile read up stuff they have written if I am interested then I follow.
    I believe you should not do it as a nicety, or a polite gesture.

4. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Good Day Mom Kat

I do not 'follow' someone because they follow me. But usually I end up doing more for them than 'following' them -- I actually read and comment on their work, giving their hubs a boost, so I like to think. In addition to that, as for many of the people who follow me, I have interacted with them in some critical way.

I write a lot of my hubs based on topics I find right here, in the Q & A. I have answered questions, in the form of hubs, multiple times for several hubbers following me, in addition to reading and commenting on their hubs.

I follow just a handful of hubbers right now. I know that when I follow someone, I would hate to think they were following me for the sake of "returning the favor." I want people to follow me because they WANT to. But again, its my view that I end up doing more for my 'followers' than merely "returning the favor." I will read and leave positive comments on their hubs.

5. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Not really, some I do some I don't, the system is flawed in the same way as amassing 'friends' on facebook, et al.  I know someone, in reality, who claims to have about 500 friends on fb, she only, in reality, knows about a dozen, the rest are just a pile of faces on her profile.  You can't sensibly follow about 500 people, so its a waste of time trying.  I prefer to look through their hubs and questions, vote and comment, and sometimes bookmark the hub to read later.  The friends thing is only an attept by HPs to keep people moving around the site.

6. SilentReed profile image82
    SilentReedposted 7 years ago

I'm relatively new here and I think  there is a desire of most newbies to acquire as much of a following in as short a time possible. On hindsight you would be doing yourself as well as those who YOU follow a disservice. How is it possible to read and appreciate the writings of say 50 to 100 person especially if their writings are on subjects you do not share a common interest  o n

working