How many Hubbers do you Follow?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (39 posts)
  1. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

Is there such a thing as following to many hubbers.Do you read all Hubbers you follow?

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if you can follow too many. I read hubs, if I like a hub I may follow, I only read the hubs in my area of interest even if I love the hubber I do not read all their hubs on flower arranging for example, as a guy it may not hold my attention.
      It does get hard to keep up with followers now, but I get around to them all eventually. smile

2. darkside profile image59
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If a person regularly joins fan clubs but never has the time nor inclination to read a hub of the person they're following, then I think there is such a thing as following too many people.

I'm following just 25 people. That may go up to 26 this year, but only if the potential follow-worthy hubber has been around for a while and publishes quality hubs. I don't follow someone just because they have a pretty profile pic.

3. Haunty profile image72
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I follow 43. But I nofollow most of them, so to speak.

4. rebekahELLE profile image87
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess it depends why we follow people. I read those I follow, but not everything they write, topics that really interest me.
      also those that follow me, and I like to find hubs/hubbers that I know nothing about.

I follow people because I enjoy their writing and sometimes to let them know I support them. I don't know how many I follow, maybe 40 or 50. I don't count. smile  there are so many talented writers here.

5. activewriter profile image60
      activewriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm new to this but if someone is kind enough to take the time to read my hub and post a comment chances are I will follow them.  If I am fortunate enough to get lots of traffic this may change.

6. Misha profile image65
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you can follow too many. After some magical proportion between whom you follow and who follows you it starts to reflect on your hubscore, to the point of it going all the way down to 1.

cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Misha,what is the most important thing one should keep in mind to maintain Hubrank?
        Mine goes up and down more than my love life lol.

1. Misha profile image65
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Be natural.

And it always fluctuates, this is by design. smile

7. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So far I am following 2.
      The first one because of talks in the forums. (Will Apse)
      The second (StormRyder) because I can't wait to read what she writes next. {I think it may be the Avatar, but she put me in the 'friend zone' so it may be the hubs...}

2. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

i follow more than 25 some i read everything they write, and others i just catch up with every now and again.  i deliberately go through my list, and make a point of reading ones i have not got to for a while.......  connecting is fun. oops Darkside i don't think you are on my list, yet

3. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I have lost track of how many I follow. However, only about 10 of them write regularly and I do read their hubs.

4. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

I usually follow people who don't otherwise have many followers- usually new people. It seems to be important to some people otherwise I wouldn't do it at all.

5. profile image0
    Miss Takeposted 14 years ago

well i do not have many followers, but i only follow a few as i have not got lots of time really.

6. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I do read as many hubs of the people I follow as possible.  I do follow people who share the same interest as I do and I have a wide range of interests.

7. cheaptrick profile image74

Question.
    Do you give more credibility to comments posted by folks with many followers?

1. Haunty profile image72

Absolutely no. Take Misha for instance. Thousands of followers, credibility out of the question. wink

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope because some with less have more knowledge. smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image87
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no, not at all. depends on subject matter. a few with many are quite rude.  I went back and counted mine, I follow quite a few more than 50.

8. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I follow quite a few and do get around to reading there are some that I go to and they haven't written in months, so I drop a line asking them where they have been. It takes me time but I do read the only thing is that I read and do not always comment because I do not want to clog the feed with my comments or people may think I am nuts! lolololo smile

9. jenblacksheep profile image63
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

I'm not sure how many people I follow, must be around 20-25. Generally i only read hubs that I am particularly interested in, but sometimes I feel bad for not reading anything in a while so I go through the hubbers that publish regularly and pick a couple to read.

10. jenblacksheep profile image63
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

Turns out I follow about 40 people ... no wonder I can't keep up!

1. darkside profile image59
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well then, you're just a novice. There'd be some around here who are following 4000.

11. Mamelody profile image60
    Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

I follow about 15 people and I try as much as possible to read and comment on hubs. I generally follow those who have interesting hubs ..

12. myownworld profile image71
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

I don't have any hard and fast rules about who I fan. If I like someone's hubs, definitely then, but sometimes, even before that, if I like their forum 'presence', I'll follow. And I like people easily... smile

13. cheaptrick profile image74

Question.
    Do you think it shows good etiquette to leave a comment when you become a Hubbers Follower?

1. Haunty profile image72

Is it your 9-year-old daughter posting these questions, Dean, because I'm kinda starting to think that.

Nowww, you play nice...

1. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol hey
          did ya get my message?

Yes Sweet Justine I did.Right after I read a few words my computer crashed and I lost your E Mail so couldn't reply.
            Thanks for Tolerating a Grampa lol.

1. profile image0

Ok good.  smile MY computer crashed and I just now saw this .. lol

2. Haunty profile image72

I'm sorry.

2. profile image0

only if its genuine

14. profile image0
    blatvaposted 14 years ago

I follow a small handful of people. I like to really get to know the person first. BUT I still regularly check hubitivity for new stuff :3

15. Obscurely Diverse profile image61
    Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years ago

I think a lot of people look at 'following' as some sort of a reciprocal 'link exchange' on here...sort of like the concept:  If I follow you, please follow me, hence forth my "follower status" on my profile will look much more significant and accepted, now that I have more "followers."
    In reality, I doubt if people are as followed as they think.

I haven't really gave it much though, as of now, since I only technically follow 4 people, currently.  Even though, many of the ones I keep up with, are not in my follow list.  Maybe I'll expand later, but more people need to follow their own self more and produce more useful content as opposed to lingering around.  Hey, this is my first forum post...I'm officially a dweller here, now...ha-ha!

16. liswilliams profile image38
    liswilliamsposted 14 years ago

If something catches my attention

17. cheaptrick profile image74

I GOTA quit starting Threads!
    Every time I do this my Hubrank goes Down!
    Suppose HP staff is trying to tell me something?lol

18. profile image0
    Jared in Vegasposted 14 years ago

I agree with most people here. I follow 12 hubbers, but I don't read everything they write. I follow them because they wrote something that I found interesting so I decided to follow them just so I'll be updated when they write in the future. I've also deleted a few people simply because they're not active.

19. relache profile image66
    relacheposted 14 years ago

If you compared the number of people I follow to the number who follow me, the folks I follow are 1.4% of my followers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)