jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I keep getting a red "duplicate" on an article I have re-written and made change

1. vocalcoach profile image95
    vocalcoachposted 7 years ago

I keep getting a red "duplicate" on an article I have re-written and made changes on.  Should I dele

Should I delete my hub with the "duplicate" warning?  I have wonderful comments from this hub. Hate to delete it. Have re-written it twice now. Any options for me other than to rewrite it again?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You can leave it up, the hubscore takes a hit but that is all. I have a couple of duplicate articles too

3. ZarkoZivkovic profile image78
    ZarkoZivkovicposted 7 years ago

You can delete it, or you can use copyscape and change the parts that are duplicates, it's easy.

But personally I think that you and anyone else here should provide unique content. I have written dozens of articles on the exact same topic and with the same message, but they are always different in nature and the angle of writing, so they are not rewrites. I learn the subject and than I can write about it over and over again without the fear of having a duplicate.

4. clintonb profile image60
    clintonbposted 7 years ago

I've had some of these, and when you rewrite the words, then republish it, then they will usually be fixed up. Good luck

5. jasoncox83 profile image74
    jasoncox83posted 7 years ago

It would be totally your call, if it is a well written hub I would not worry about it so much. Just make sure you don't have too much duplicate content and you will be fine.

Closed to reply

working