jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I get past writers block?

1. Amber C profile image53
    Amber Cposted 7 years ago

How do I get past writers block?

2. TrainingMan profile image61
    TrainingManposted 7 years ago

1. Walk away from whatever you are writing and do something totally different. Take a walk, exercise, get outside and don't think about your writing.
    2. Google the topic you are writing about and maybe you'll get some fresh perspective and other ideas.
    3. Get away from the computer - grab a note pad, go to a park, by the lake, or some other relaxing environment and maybe the change in venue will provide you with some inspiration.

Hope this helps...

3. JosephRanseth profile image62
    JosephRansethposted 7 years ago

I find it helps to go exercise or do something else to clear my head.

If I am writing out of obligation or duty, I find it more difficult to find the motivation. If, on the other hand, I am passionate about the topic of my writing, it is much easier to stay in the flow.

So, I guess, remove stress and get passionate about your topic. smile

4. lex123 profile image66
    lex123posted 7 years ago

For some time, stop thinking of writing, and mix with friends or read a book, or watch a movie, take a walk in the park, or spend some time with your plants at home.

Another way is just taking in deep breath and breathing out slowly and then relax completely. After you get up your mind will be fresh and you may feel like writing again, or just to get inspiration read leaf through book or magazine.