Personally, when I chose to follow someone on Hubpages, I do it because they int

1. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

Personally, when I chose to follow someone on Hubpages, I do it because they interest me.

I do see many cases though, in which people seem to be clicking on "everyone's" profile adding them to the "friends" list. I cannot seem to find the reason why someone would go clicking on hundreds of profiles, following people they know nothing about and/or are not interested about. What is the point of that?

2. profile image0
    Richard Stephenposted 7 years ago

Many people will simply respond in kind if someone follows them.  Knowing this, one can inflate the number of their followers simply by following a lot of other people.  Having a lot of followers is important to some people and not to others.

Personally, I tend to follow hubbers that share the same interests as I do.  I don't really care how many people are following me.  I've been on HubPages for over a year now and still don't have 100 followers.  Of course, that may be saying something about the quality of my hubs!

3. profile image57
    rieomposted 7 years ago

I am with you.  I need to like the content and how that content is written.  I feel that following someone blindly is not self-serving.  I want to read content I like and hopefully, those who read my content will also enjoy them or learn from them.

working