jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can I later use content that I published on HubPages in my own blog or a book th

1. tasksgirl profile image79
    tasksgirlposted 7 years ago

Can I later use content that I published on HubPages in my own blog or a book that I write?

And If I do this do I need to take the content off of HubPages first?

2. Road Trip Amy profile image60
    Road Trip Amyposted 7 years ago

My understanding is that all of the content you put on HubPages remains your own, and you can use it again whenever, and where ever, you want.  The only caveat is that if you publish it elsewhere on the internet, HubPages will note that your hub is a "duplicate."  That is not a violation of the TOS here, but you are not allowed to put any promotional links on a "duplicate" hub.  So if you are a TripAdvisor affiliate, for example, you would not be able to put any TripAdvisor affiliate links in the text on a hub that you also publish elsewhere.

3. SteveoMc profile image73
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

You may not be able to satisfy adsense if the writing is copied.   However, you own the content and you may do as you wish.  Write a book, put it in a blog.....do what you want.  The content belongs to you.

4. embitca profile image84
    embitcaposted 7 years ago

Absolutely. Anything you write for Hubpages is yours to do with as you please. It's your content. You aren't giving up any rights to it.  Just do keep in mind that you are better off not using it on another website or you can run into a duplicate content penalty. A book, however, wouldn't cause any kind of problem.

5. yshashikant profile image70
    yshashikantposted 6 years ago

Ofcourse you can use your articles that you have published on hubpages. The only catch is hubpages will then identify your blog as a duplicate and this will reduce your hubscore of that article and will also affect your author score. Other things include not being able to monetize your blog. And the worst thing that can happen is you may be blocked, if they find a lot of duplicates. I hope this helps.