jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does rating your own hubs up affect your hub's hub score?

1. Springboard profile image81
    Springboardposted 7 years ago

Does rating your own hubs up affect your hub's hub score?

I tend to click the 'rate up' button when I go into my hubs to respond to comments. Does rating my own hub up affect my hub score negatively, or is my rating up counted the same as anyone else who might rate my hub up?

2. ryancarter profile image60
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

I don't really think so, but you never know.  I have noticed that a Hub that i've been working on is up to a Hubscore of 64 without being published.  Not sure what's going on there...

3. ZarkoZivkovic profile image77
    ZarkoZivkovicposted 7 years ago

Your clicks don't count towards the overall score of the hub, you can click as much as you like it won't benefit you nor will it make a negative effect, so basically it''s useless.

@ryancarter, the fact that you score is rising even though the hub is not published has nothing to do with rating a hub up, the content itself is being rated by the HubPages measuring system.

4. dgicre profile image80
    dgicreposted 7 years ago

Comments from other hub users has a positive effect on your hub ratings. As does traffic generated from google. If your hub is being indexed highly by google than it meets the criteria for high SEO. Search engines love original content and lots of it. They also factor in how many backlinks are pointing to your hub and his will also help raise the SEO score as well as your particular hub score.

working