jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How is it possible for Google Analytics to show 100% bounce from 2 visits and 9

1. 49lart profile image69
    49lartposted 7 years ago

How is it possible for Google Analytics to show 100% bounce from 2 visits and 9 page views?

My website analytics show Bing 2 visits 9 page views, zero time, 100% new, 100% bounce. It doesn't make sense. Any ideas.

2. CarolineChicago profile image84
    CarolineChicagoposted 7 years ago

No, it doesn't make any sense. From my experience with Analytics for many different sites of varying degrees of traffic, I find that Google Analytics is highly unreliable for bounce statistics for sites with very low traffic and page visits that average less than 10 seconds. It sounds like you had 2 visits with nine very quick page views, probably less than 10 seconds per page (or averaging less than 10 seconds per page). Google qualifies that as a bounce.

Not a brilliant answer--but something to start with.

3. ryancarter profile image61
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

If you have multiple pages set up with analytics that are accessible via Bing, then it's possible for 2 different people to access 9 different pages and bounce from them.  If they access all 9 pages through Bing, then they wouldn't be logged as new visitors, but Google still wouldn't add them to the visits count. 

I completely ignore the bounce rate on my blogs, but I do pay attention to it on sales pages.

4. Jasdeep Singh profile image60
    Jasdeep Singhposted 6 years ago

If you get 0 time that means its some robot which crawled your site not a human and yes you always have a 100% bounce rate with robots.

working