jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you found an article length that's best?

1. Benjimester profile image94
    Benjimesterposted 7 years ago

Have you found an article length that's best?

I've been experimenting with different article lengths to see if it makes any difference whether I publish 1000 word hubs or 600 word hubs.  Has anyone noticed that Google prefers a specific length over others?

2. Motor leathers profile image56
    Motor leathersposted 7 years ago

the best length of the article is between 300 and 500 words. this is an accepted model.

3. Godlike profile image60
    Godlikeposted 7 years ago

As the other guy said, 300 to 500 words. This is because most people don't want to read any more than that, they're most often just looking for fast information online.

Though, if you're writing something that is not intended for informational use only, then a long article (Up to 1000 words) could be more appropriate.

4. davecurtis profile image59
    davecurtisposted 7 years ago

600 or more words per hub seems to work best to get that juicy long tail traffic from Google.

5. drmingle profile image59
    drmingleposted 7 years ago

I try to stay on the upper end of the accepted 300-500 word post. Primarily because of the various search engines lust for unique content and HubPages tool to help organize the content by tags...pursuing this could help you in an effort to reach an audience outside of HubPages such as organic search engine traffic...

Best wishes...

working