It is an absolute mystery as to why people vote down a personal opinion expresse

1. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

It is an absolute mystery as to why people vote down a personal opinion expressed over a question.

Why do people vote down an answer, which is a personal opinion - such people can write their own, if they disagree - what do you think?

2. drbillfannin profile image59
    drbillfanninposted 7 years ago

Because they didn't like the answer. Answers are supposed to add to the discussion, not rant, or be offensive. There are rules, but to vote an answer down just because one disagrees is not good hubbing practice. Answers should be voted down if they do not relate to the question, get personal, rant, get vulgar, or detract from the discussion. Other than that, vote up or skip.

3. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

I have noticed that some of the answers (not mine alone) were voted down for no apparent reason.  Those answers, I noted, were not abusive, nor were they written against any of the rules in hubpages, but they get voted down.  I agree, that answers which are against the rules and not contributory to the question, should be voted down, but I don't see some of the vote downs were that way... maybe it's not a good thing to express an opinion on things I don't agree with, or totally illogical to begin with. Strange, very strange indeed!

working