jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My question is has anyone else experienced anything similar?

1. profile image44
    Belittledposted 7 years ago

My question is has anyone else experienced anything similar?

In six years of marriage my wife has complained about her ex husband’s negative behavior towards her and their children.  My problem is that those same negative behaviors and attitudes she complained about she expresses towards me such as reneging on commitments & promises and belittling. 
    Then after sticking it me she becomes amours and wants to copulate and if I am not interested she resorts to belittling.

2. Syrusv37 profile image86
    Syrusv37posted 7 years ago

I'm no marriage expert. Nor am I a counselor. But it sounds as though your wife has some serious baggage with her ex husband. Taking it out on you is probably her only way to vent, and once she's done, then she becomes lovey-dovey, because her demon is gone..for the moment. Then when you reject her, her self defense is belittling. I suggest you stand up to her and tell her you don't appreciate being harped on for another man's mistakes. Make it clear that if she wants to belittle, belittle the man that carried out the actions, not the man that does nothing wrong, which would be you. Don't come off too aggressive though. Just stand your ground and make it clear. She'll get it eventually, and if she doesn't, I would say you guys work it out with a real counselor.

3. C.V.Rajan profile image77
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

Nice answer, Cyrusv37!

That's a straight and right way of doing things.

If I were you and assuming the I too had a failed marriage, I will start complaining about my ex-wife the moment my wife starts complaining about her ex-husband!

4. meenu_k_ind profile image71
    meenu_k_indposted 7 years ago

I guess if Romeo .have married Juliet then It would have been possible. I have come accross many couples in my family ..

I'm spiritual so..
    Try Brahmakumaris meditation. Checkout video in orkut profile of Meenu Khandelwal, Mumbai & I'm also on www.Facebook.com/khandelwal.meenu

Happy Reading!!