jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does answering questions benefit hubs SEO?

1. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 7 years ago

Does answering questions benefit hubs SEO?

I know that each time we answer or ask a question a link is created to our profile.  Does this benefit our hubs search engine placement indirectly?

2. fanatik_efka profile image73
    fanatik_efkaposted 7 years ago

i'm not sure whether it improves our hubs SEO or not, but what it really improves, are newcomers to your hub. It's worth answering question and even making them on topics you know well or would like to know more, because if you make an interesting answer, people wants to find out whether you write interesting hubs to. So in that way they come to your profile, and maybe to some of your hubs. I'm one of those who likes to search for interesting questions and give my opinion.
    And i'm sorry, i can't answer the main question here, but i think the answer should be not, because backlinks are to your profile, not exact hub, so it should make sense or if it does, it should be just a little.

3. starx profile image66
    starxposted 7 years ago

SEO ? I don't think so. But you get a lot of inernal traffic if the question is related to hubpages or the people here. If the question is generic and covers niche outside hubpages then yes you'll get traffic from google as well.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I don't see how answering questions here could possibly relate to SEO, but I'm new to the concept, so I might very well be missing something.  I do think though, that SEO is all in the hub itself, the url, the title, and the content.

5. bogerk profile image68
    bogerkposted 7 years ago

I think it really just helps your Hub score and maybe gain an internal audience and word of mouth?

6. RZed profile image60
    RZedposted 5 years ago

From my perspective, Hubpages is a community in itself. So answering or asking questions won't increase the visibility of all your individual hubs. Your success on Hubpages is largely around people finding your articles and liking them:) Q&A's simply evidence that you are willing to give to the community as well as take (and gets you a few badges).