Is it true that analytics software counts unique visitors once, no matter how ma

1. K9keystrokes profile image91
    K9keystrokesposted 7 years ago

Is it true that analytics software counts unique visitors once, no matter how many pages they view?

When unique visitors come to your web-page, they get counted as only one view no matter how many pages they view or how many times they visit, this is according to what I have read on the subject. I have a friend who disputes this account of unique visitors. Can anyone clear this up for me?

2. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 7 years ago

Yes. Otherwise they would no longer be considered unique.

3. CarolineChicago profile image82
    CarolineChicagoposted 7 years ago

Visitors are people who come to your website. The number of unique visitors eliminates repeats. But this does not affect the number of pages viewed. Visitors are not page views. Page views are the number of times your page has been viewed in a given time perioed. You should, hopefully, see that you have way more page views than visitors. This is because Google logs each hit to a page.

For instance, you can have 5,000 visitors and 4,000 unique visitors. Hopefully, you will have more than 5,000 pageviews (meaning that all visitors unique or not have viewed more than just one page of your website).

working