jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should you remove Hubs no one is reading, try to tweak and improve them, or just

1. SOKCGOLD profile image59
    SOKCGOLDposted 7 years ago

Should you remove Hubs no one is reading, try to tweak and improve them, or just ignore them?

I have some Hubs with really minimal page views. Does it make sense to go back and rework them, or should I spend my time on improv ing the more popular ones. Also, does it hurt anything to have them sitting there, or should I remove the ones that just don't generate any interest?

2. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

I tweeek them and never unpublish them, even three hits are better than none!

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't delete them. After all it is part of your body of work.
    "Never let success go to your head or failure go to your heart"
    If you are happy with the content of the hub you can always try adding a different photo and new title.
    Most of the movies that win the "Best Picture" Oscar are not major "blockbusters" Just accept you're not going to hit a home run everytime you're up at bat. Be true to yourself and write about what you want to write about.

4. Smaridge01 profile image77
    Smaridge01posted 7 years ago

In my humble opinion...

If you have hubs that are languishing, they would make great experiments! You have already put the work into creating the basic hub, now go back and experiment with different ways to improve them, and then watch the results.

As to spending time improving the popular ones... well that doesn't really make sense. It they are popular, they really don't need tweaking, do they?

I wouldn't remove a hub unless it got really bad reviews and so on. What if it just isn't the right season for it? What if the topic suddenly becomes hot, and you've deleted it? So, for me, (and I haven't got a lot out there yet) I would rather just let them sit for a few months and see if something pops, or tweak them and measure the results. Once I've put the effort into creating the hub, I don't want to trash it.

Good luck.  big_smile

5. vox vocis profile image84
    vox vocisposted 7 years ago

I always go back to edit my hubs and very often find sth to improve. I have a few hubs with low scores (because of low traffic, I guess), so I try to fix them now and then. It worked with three of my hubs, one more to go!

6. doodlebugs profile image82
    doodlebugsposted 7 years ago

I tend to leave those Hubs because it never seems to fail that I will sell an Amazon product from them when I least expect it. It can't really hurt to leave them, but I recommend improving them, adding content such as photos and promoting them a bit more on sites like Amplify, Twitter, etc.