jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I've read recently somewhere, and probably somewhere here on hubpages, that link

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I've read recently somewhere, and probably somewhere here on hubpages, that links to hubs on...

networking sites, like facebook or twitter, are now considered more valuable back links than they previously were by Google, and other search engines.  Does anyone know that this is true?  Or can this be proven some way?

2. WWFC JAKE profile image49
    WWFC JAKEposted 7 years ago

Yes in many ways this is true due to the amount of people on social networking and the frequency of visits. In my opinion it depends on what your hub is about, for example my hub is on a video game played by a wide range of ages (mostly teenage) so facebook for example has many Groups for the particular game each with different amounts depending on the popularity of the game with a high visiting rate of my target age. My current hub is on fifa 11 and the largest group has over 200,000 fans, now by simply posting my link 200,000 people are now able to access it. Hope this helps

3. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

The more links back the better.

The more links back from high ranked websites even better.

The more links back from sites with similar content even much better.

And the more links between your own webpages is good too.

4. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

Yes i would say this is true, when i started linking to social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook and MySpace i found that my traffic rocketed. Also i found that if i wrote a hub on a certain topic then found a similar group on facebook, i could post my link on their wall and get a lot of traffic that way as well smile

5. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Here, you hear so much.........

It is almost impossible to keep up with it all and know whose opinions and experiences are trustworthy.

If I spend an hour on a hub, I don't want to spend another 3, promoting it.  It is too much to keep up with.

My own advice, branch out, write your best everywhere, and spread your name around.  Do not neglect your fellow writers and never your readers, wherever you go.

Very few writers have a best seller from a rough draft.  Give yourself some growing room.

Facebook, myspace, linkedin, etc.........just do not interest me.

6. David.Reed profile image48
    David.Reedposted 7 years ago

I'm sure you could test it. I've got no proof but I don't believe in it. Sites like Facebook would trump other sites because it (probably) has Trust Rank - a rumoured addition to Google's search algorithm.

I wouldn't obsess about getting links from these places. As the person above me said, write your best everywhere.

7. brandonakelly profile image59
    brandonakellyposted 7 years ago

I've also been hearing this lately.. My opinion would be on a site like Digg, if it gets a lot of Diggs from other users, then yes it would be considered a better link. On the other hand, no one really knows for sure, other than the Google employees who wrote the search engine algorithm.

Closed to reply