jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it better to work at a niche, or generalize. I'm asking in terms of monetary

1. slc334 profile image41
    slc334posted 7 years ago

Is it better to work at a niche, or generalize.  I'm asking in terms of monetary reward.

2. profile image0
    ssaulposted 7 years ago

I rather generalizing it work out better money wise. You write on lots of different topics that target keywords and that people are interested in.

3. WoodsmensPost profile image70
    WoodsmensPostposted 7 years ago

I would agree personally if you generalize then over time you will create a niche or several niches and will have a better understanding of which ones are doing well. Then you can continue adding more to those niche. Its OK to take some stabs in the dark in other areas one might just become that gold mine for you. All in all is easier to write about something you know rather than doing a lot of research first. I have tried both and knowing about the subject is much more easier for me to write about, but I still don't want to limit my earning potentials here at HubPages so research is inevitable.

4. jane burnz profile image53
    jane burnzposted 7 years ago

Definitely work at a Niche- if you find something you're passionate about (atleast remotely interested) then it sells itself infinitely better than throwing together a bunch of pages, sites whatever.
    My most profitable website is directed at a specific small Island- travel, real estate etc- and it makes a killing.
    My next most profitable one is on shoes. Such a girl, I know!

5. BrankoZecevic profile image58
    BrankoZecevicposted 7 years ago

You need to find topic that relates to large number of people. Good niches are those which are high in demand. To reach people gathered about certain topic or niche you have to build authority. It means that you need to be an expert, man who provides solution people might have.