jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Okay, why is it that comments from some of my best friends here at hubpages. . .

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Okay, why is it that comments from some of my best friends here at hubpages. . . . . .come in...

saying "not spam," with the option of "delete forever?"  These are my friends, and the only comments that I will delete are comments that insult my Mother,(don't attempt that, srsly) and comments that really ARE spam.

2. lmmartin profile image89
    lmmartinposted 7 years ago

The computer doesn't know who your friends are. Some messages, particularly those who are not registered hubpages users may be spam. The computer is simply asking you if it is and do you want to delete it. Why this should be an issue escapes me.

3. CASE1WORKER profile image72
    CASE1WORKERposted 7 years ago

i find the button quite handy- when i reply to comments I have been known to push the button twice and therefore I use the delete forever button to remove duplicate comments- there may have been the odd time where i was over zealous and left duplicate comments and I am sure other hubbers would hit the delete button on the second one

4. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

Wesman Todd Shaw, there is no reason to assume HubPages members or even mutual followers cannot post spam. There can always be a comment that you don't like and the software should provide a means to delete it or mark it as spam.

Closed to reply

working