jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it permitted to put an article you've written on hubpages onto your own blog

1. nakmeister profile image80
    nakmeisterposted 7 years ago

Is it permitted to put an article you've written on hubpages onto your own blog or website as well?

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image62
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

Yes, you are allowed to do that. But since Google doesn't like plagiarism, I wouldn't do such a thing. It can affect rankings of whole blog.

3. puter_dr profile image85
    puter_drposted 7 years ago

Like Ultimate Hubber says, you have the right, since you own the content, but you could get a duplicate content penalty.
    I would rewrite the article to make it unique, while still presenting the same ideas. You could also in your own blog, link to your hub, therefore providing your reader with more info and giving your hub a backlink

4. cascoly profile image59
    cascolyposted 7 years ago

it's not plagiarism to repost your own articles - but it does get your hub flagged for duplicate content and may affect your hubscores;  others have noted it could affect SEO & ranking but no substantive evidence is available.

i have a substantial body of work on my website, some of which i've moved to hubpages - sometimes i remove it from the orighinal pagers, other times just let them exist as duplicates - in both cases i've found my traffic increases.

5. Dr. Amilia profile image39
    Dr. Amiliaposted 7 years ago

Avoid it though you can always give another version of your article here.

6. Mark Upshaw profile image60
    Mark Upshawposted 7 years ago

Legal yes, but practical no.  One is best to link to your material with a short description or a soundbyte that would create interest in reading the entire hub.

7. KevinStyles profile image58
    KevinStylesposted 7 years ago

Any content sharing site doesn't want duplicate content because they believe in google's phantom content penalty, if your going to repost a article, you should rewrite the whole thing so you can target a different set of keywords. You say the same thing, but in different words.

working