jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Don't you think we get (are getting) addicted to HubPages and money is not the o

1. noetic profile image57
    noeticposted 7 years ago

Don't you think we get (are getting) addicted to HubPages and money is not the only driver?

2. lindagoffigan profile image61
    lindagoffiganposted 7 years ago

Hubpages is not addictive because the behavior of logging onto the website daily is classified more as a habit.  Money is not the only driver of which I agree.  Hubpages can allow the writer to realize the niche topic that would be of the most interest regardless of any other motivation, such as money.

3. Jordan Hemmann profile image61
    Jordan Hemmannposted 7 years ago

I feel that getting feedback from my writing is the greatest reward. And I wouldn't say that it's an addiction, but it is a nice place to get noticed for your creations. Although, I do get a little frantic when my Hubscore drops ;-)

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Money should never be the only reason that you do something.  Socializing online is the new reality for most here, and though it might not be entirely "natural," it can be healthy, so long as it's not the only type of socializing that we do.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

addicted , no but enjoying myself , definetly.

6. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Addiction is defined as a compulsive behavior where a person is willing to give up other activities or necessary things (like eating and sleeping or working) or taking care of themselves to indulge in the habit.

If you have an addiction to HubPages, you most likely have much larger and underlying psychological issues in your life, and probably have other addictive behaviors as well.  If you are "addicted" to money from this site, that's sort of ridiculous, as a day job will pay a lot more money a lot faster, so why not go be "addicted" to one of those?  But there are people with psychological problems who have no friends in real life and get addicted to social websites because it's the only way they seem to be able to interact with others.

7. Jarn profile image72
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

No and yes. I'm not addicted to Hubpages and have easily ignored it for weeks if not months at a time. But I don't post for money. I post to establish contacts with like-minded writers in hopes of exchanging work, swapping critiques, and improving my craft through peer review. I also try to gain a following, not for advertizing revenue, but for the ability to approach a literary agent with my next manuscript and boast that I already have an audience of however many thousand. The less marketing they have to do, the more seriously they take you as a writer.

8. Gary Rowell profile image60
    Gary Rowellposted 7 years ago

I believe Hubpages is a building thing, you start off and then you see it grow, some times rapidly.Then you get more involved when you get more traffic to your hub, your score rises and you feel somewhat rewarded. Maybe it's just satisfaction of a job well done rather than addiction.

9. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

For me yes. The potential to earn money is always there, but its also fun and theraputic writing for HUbpages.

10. Vaiebhav profile image76
    Vaiebhavposted 7 years ago

Hubpages is a fun place to be, addiction or no addiction. Of course, we have to prioritise between time, money and social interaction.

working