jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can't seem to find the submission guidelines. Is there a minimum/ maximum/sugges

1. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 7 years ago

Can't seem to find the submission guidelines. Is there a minimum/ maximum/suggested hub length

2. I am DB Cooper profile image65
    I am DB Cooperposted 7 years ago

It's been said that a quality hub should contain between 500 and 1000 words. Your hubs won't get deleted if they're only 250 words, but they are also less likely to score well with the Hubpages community and might not appear high in search engine results.

3. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 7 years ago

Thx DB - but my current issue is too long. I have a 2200 word article I wrote and I can't really chop it into 2 articles.

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image61
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

What is your primary motive of writing here? If you are here just for the sake of writing then anything above 100-150 words would be fine.
    If you want to make money from your hubs, then it is better to have hubs over 400 words especially in competitive niches. Hubs that have over 800 words perform better in terms of search engine rankings.

5. Vaiebhav profile image80
    Vaiebhavposted 7 years ago

I don't see any issue with 2200-word hub. Just break it down into tiny capsules. However, try and find a way if you can break it into 2 hubs, which will be a better option. Longer hubs also rate well with HP and search engines.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I've got five thousand word articles; you're fine.  Heck, I've got 250 word articles, those sometimes don't do as well, but it's a matter of how much competition there is on that subject.

working