jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it better to use a large amount of keywords for the search engines or a small

1. barbergirl28 profile image78
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

Is it better to use a large amount of keywords for the search engines or a smaller amount?

I have seen both. Some hubbers use as many keywords as they can put in there; others use about 10 strong keywords. Do you find one or the other is more beneficial?

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image63
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

I guess you mean tags?
    Google and other search engines are against keyword stuffing and you are supposed to have normal looking titles and meta-tags.
    As far as tags are concerned, hubpages don't like having non-relevant and a large number of tags. Having a small amount of tags will give you less internal backlinks. So, I would suggest having 10-15 tags and if you have really long hub then you can put 20 or so tags but they must be relevant.

3. jacques.gim profile image60
    jacques.gimposted 7 years ago

What is the difference betewen tags and keywords?

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Keywords and Tags are the same thing, when it comes to Hubpages. You can use a lot of keywords/tags in your writing, as long as you make sure there is relevance for them. Listing keywords/tags on the side of your hub that are not relevant to your writing, will be flagged by Hubpages for deceptive or irrelevant tagging.

Overstuffing of keywords is frowned upon by both Google and Hubpages. So, try not to do it. Try to write articles naturally and edit later, if you believe you've not put enough keywords/tags into your article.

5. cpvr profile image60
    cpvrposted 7 years ago

Tags and keywords are the same. It doesn't matter how many keywords you use - as tags if they're related to the content of your hub,

6. Mark Upshaw profile image59
    Mark Upshawposted 7 years ago

It is better to write your article as "linkbait." Create the best possible emotionally fulfilling experience for the individual looking for the information that you are supplying. To hit the nail on the head. 

Then your speech and use of keywords will be automatic and natural. The links will follow over time. To short circuit this is possible, but just like a short circuit, something will burn up in time and it will be your long term traffic, which is your ROI. 

Here is the question to put it into perspective:  Do you think it is better to measure on a quarterly basis or a more long term approach?  If you have some one backing you and you have to perform for them in the now, then short circuit the process.  if not, then go for the long haul and build yourself a reputation, a personal brand around your name and services. 

I am preaching to myself here.

working