jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Backlink: hub, squidoo vs article submission directories

1. truebluewriter profile image63
    truebluewriterposted 7 years ago

Backlink: hub, squidoo vs article submission directories

if you had to choose between article submission directories and creating hubs and lenses that link back to your site, what would be better??? would they have the same effect??? Should i prioritize one over the other or just do both?

2. I am DB Cooper profile image56
    I am DB Cooperposted 7 years ago

Squidoo and Hubpages are usually used for a combination of backlinking and to earn income on their own. Article directories are generally just about the backlinking. The original article has a backlink, and then that article is spread around and posted elsewhere, creating more backlinks. If I was only concerned about backlinks, I would use article directories over Squidoo/Hubpages.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image61
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

I would use them all as a backlinking strategy. You will need all kind of backlinks to improve your rankings in competitive niches.
    Here is my priority list:

1. HubPages
    2. Squidoo
    3. Article directories

4. content profile image73
    contentposted 7 years ago

I would use a combination of all 3 as well.  In fact, you can link to your hubpages and squidoo lenses in your articles as well as your websites.

5. Mike's Corner profile image83
    Mike's Cornerposted 7 years ago

can someone give an example of an article directory -- do you mean sites like shetoldme and redgage?

6. cpvr profile image60
    cpvrposted 7 years ago

I'd utilize all the options available to me. I'd write content on all the sites, because the links are hardlinks, get indexed by the major search engines - and you can promote it to other people, who can tweet the content and link back, It all benefits you though.

working