jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are there trolls on hubpages? Does ANY site manage to avoid trolls?

1. Taylorwise profile image78
    Taylorwiseposted 7 years ago

Why are there trolls on hubpages? Does ANY site manage to avoid trolls?

Forget the blatant self-promoters /  "snake oil salesmen" hubbers, that's not who I'm talking about.... anyway, why wouldn't a troll stay on digg, youtube or a gazillion other forums or websites where they can at least make themselves seem more important?

2. Tinsky profile image95
    Tinskyposted 7 years ago

Trolls probably go where ever they can be noticed and made to feel important by people who respond to their off topic messages.

3. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

they go wherever they have an audience, and have a desperate need for attention. HP does try to manage them and also depends on it's members to report any TOS. I think much of their online behavior is due to the fact that they can't act like that in their public life. the key is to ignore them and if they go over the line, report them.

4. Taylorwise profile image78
    Taylorwiseposted 7 years ago

Thanks, I just thought that HP might be a site that trolls and bullys would avoid....Not sure why--- I guess it just seems "above" that.

5. profile image0
    fordieposted 7 years ago

Defining a troll would be hard enough. Writing an algortithm to remove these automatically, nigh on impossible. Let's face it - you might consider one comment trollish and I might think it hilarious. Trolling is more about the repetively negative comments submitted. The pattern isn't obvious until there are many.

working