jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you get an increase in your hub views?

1. jeyaprakash84 profile image61
    jeyaprakash84posted 7 years ago

Do you get an increase in your hub views?

When does a hub view start increasing.. As it gets older with increased hub score? How long it takes for a hub to attract a lot of traffic direct from search engine?

2. Vaiebhav profile image83
    Vaiebhavposted 7 years ago

I haven't been on hubpages long enough to answer this question with any authority, but I have been running websites and using SEO since 2004. And general SEO rules apply to hubpages, one would think.

1. It takes time for your webpage/hub to be noticed by search engines. Webpages are like wine; they get better with age.
    2. I don't think traffic has anything to do with your hubscore.
    3. Factors to improve hubtraffic: keywords, related keywords, internal linking, backlinks, and length of the hub. 

There are plenty of hubs that explain each of the above factors.
    Hope this helps.

3. simeonvisser profile image85
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

@Vaiebhav: In addition to what you've said, I'd like to say that traffic is taken into account for the HubScore.

I have an unpublished hub and since it has no views from outsiders, I'm the only one looking at it. When I was actively editing it, its score was high.

But now it has dropped down, almost back to 50 so without people regularly looking at it, the HubScore drops due to lack of traffic. The content of the hub has not changed in that time.

4. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

I've only been here three months and I'm still learning.  I agree with Vaiebhav and simeonvisser.  If I remember right, I started getting traffic from search engine after a month more or less.  As for older hubs increasing in hub score, it doesn't.. I had to delete some of my Christmas hubs because they had fallen off in hub score as nobody's searching Christmas things after Christmas.. and I was afraid they were pulling down my overall hub score.  Big mistake!  After I had deleted them, no increase in my overall hub score.  Well, live and learn.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

in my opinion hubscore has nothing to do with hub views. My hubscore is 89 but my views are 100-120 per day, with 95 hubs. Not good, compare to others with 1000views per day! With these views, I could only earn USD $9 or USD $10 per month. Need lots of traffic from google, backlinks and facebook, twitter. Also,, keywords!!

working