jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What's the easiest way to copyright my work, and prove it, on my hubs?

1. BenWritings profile image77
    BenWritingsposted 7 years ago

What's the easiest way to copyright my work, and prove it, on my hubs?

2. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

You can put a copyright notice at the end with your name and the year of publication. I don't know what you mean by 'prove it'. Once you've written something yourself, it's automatically copyrighted so adding the copyright notice should be enough.

3. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

You should include a copyright notice on each document. You should not write directly on the hub. Write on a word processor and paste it to the hub format.  When you complete something, save it to a file while will date it.  As long as you do not reopen that file, the date will remain the same and reflect the creation date.  You can also print it out if the computer date states the document.  Regardless of what you do, idiots wlll still try to take things and use them.  It's the way of the world we live in today where stupid people actually believe they can get somewhere without any ability whatsoever...or any work for that matter. WB

4. profile image0
    David99999posted 7 years ago

If you live in the United States, any writing that you publish - regardless of where you publish it - was automatically copyrighted the moment you wrote it.

working