jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are the best sites to promote and drive traffic to my hubs?

1. AngelaPereira profile image69
    AngelaPereiraposted 7 years ago

What are the best sites to promote and drive traffic to my hubs?

I already use Digg and Stumbleupon but I don't see many results. What are the sites you use and work for you?

2. OpenConnect profile image59
    OpenConnectposted 7 years ago

I think that StumbleUpon may be an interesting way but I personally have not tried it yet.  Just have been thinking about giving it a shot lately.

3. vox vocis profile image82
    vox vocisposted 7 years ago

If you want to draw traffic to your hubs, you must learn about search engine optimization (SEO) and apply it to your hubs.
    Efficient SEO means that you used the right keywords on a certian topic and placed them in the right places in your article with the right keyword density.
    To learn more about this you can read some of my hubs on the topic or hubs by Susana S (or other hubbers), check out the learning center (scroll down to the bottom of the page) or simply search the web.
    Implementing SEO strategies is crucial because if you do it right, your articles will rank better in the search engine result pages. This means that when somebody types in the keywords that you used in your article, your content has to be as near as possible to the results returned by the search.

Now, sth about links. Building good quality links is also an important SEO strategy (note, good quality links) and it is also the harder part of the process. Linking is easier if you have your own site or blog because you can incorporate your keywords into the text (on your site or blog) and make a link to your hub on the same topic.
    Social media optimization is sth completely else: you have to actively participate in social bookmarking/networking sites, gain hundreds of followers to make your efforts worth a while. Without these followers, your links would be no-follow links, nobody would share them or comment on them (and that is important to search engines in terms of page ranking).

To sum up, concetrate on SEO keywords first and then begin with building links in a smart way. Like I said, read about it, and if you have the will and persistence, you will succeed.

P.S. If you decide to go for social media optimization, you have to read, comment and participate in their forums to get noticed. Only after that you will see some traffic driven to your hubs (because the other community members are likely to return the courtesy).

Hope this helped!

4. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

I use Twitter and Facebook among others which i get a lot of traffic from. I didn't initially get much traffic until i started adding friends and customizing my pages etc on these social networking sites. I also look for forums that are talking about a subject i have wrote a hub on, then i post my hub link on there too.

5. Singular Investor profile image79
    Singular Investorposted 7 years ago

Don't forget to use bookmarking / article sites too - like redgage, xomba, squidstop, snipsly etc...

6. rishisab profile image55
    rishisabposted 6 years ago

The best site to promote your hub is traffup.net.

A lot of people, including me, are using traffup to promote their hubs. You can give it a try.

Also, you can read my hub (following link) for other ways to promote you hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/10-Simple-and-e … bs-traffic