jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How many keywords are too many keywords?

1. xrocker30 profile image76
    xrocker30posted 7 years ago

How many keywords are too many keywords?

Assuming all your key words are somewhat relevant to your hub, what is the max number of keywords you should have?

2. cottontail profile image61
    cottontailposted 7 years ago

I'm still learning the ins and outs of keywords but my understanding is that its best to focus on in your article is two to four keywords and also where you place your keywords is equally as important.

3. Avamum profile image82
    Avamumposted 7 years ago

I aim for 10 - 15 keywords on my hubs, though I can sometimes only come up with four or five.  You get a warning at the top of your hub when you have excessive keywords.  Try to use a couple of words from your title and subtitles.  Good luck!

4. barbergirl28 profile image76
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

From what I have heard, too many keywords will make google think that it is spam. But, if you have good solid keywords, you shouldn't need to load up. I have heard between 10-15 is a good number.

5. christoss1959 profile image73
    christoss1959posted 7 years ago

If you are talking about hubs and not websites then there is no such thing as too many keywords. In one of my Hubpages and SEO hubs I explained that hubpages does not add your keywords to the keywords meta tag (which is not really used these days anyway) it adds it to the html as text links so google cannot understand the differce between a tag and the rest of the hub.
    Increasing the keywords of your hub just increases the frequency they appear and can help you hit a targetted keyword nothing more-nothing less

6. xrocker30 profile image76
    xrocker30posted 7 years ago

Interesting... That's the first time I have heard anyone say something like that christoss1959. Is there a hub or person that could back christoss up on this theory?

7. suncat profile image58
    suncatposted 7 years ago

You can try and target more than 6 keywords but it becomes difficult to arrange all that on one page so that real people and search engines can understand it alike.

Repeating keywords within the page excessively is not recommended, it may look like spamming and will not be effective for the ranking.

The numbers should be such that the whole thing looks reasonable and suitable for normal reading. If it doesn't there's a chance, it's overdone. 

There are some keyword checkers, sometimes it can be helpful to use those.