jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

So why are my adds sudenly dissabled after two + weeks w/o a problem?

1. stclairjack profile image81
    stclairjackposted 7 years ago

So why are my adds sudenly dissabled after two + weeks w/o a problem?

2. Madurai profile image56
    Maduraiposted 7 years ago

may be because of the new system that hubpages is going to introduce from 3rd march, for that some trial may be going on..

3. simeonvisser profile image86
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

There may have been a problem with one or more of your hubs. Contact HubPages to see if you have violated any of the rules of the site.

4. Dr. Wendy profile image66
    Dr. Wendyposted 7 years ago

Some of mine were disabled and when I contacted Hubpages they said it was an error by a Jr. Staffer.  A couple days later, another one was disabled, and when I contacted them again, they said it wasn't up to their standards. It was basically a photo essay with few words.  I have seen much poorer writing than any of my hubs that have been here forever, but mine gets questioned.  I think it just kind of depends on if there has been a complaint (in my case, I think someone disagreed with something I wrote and turned me in) and what the person who checks it out happens to think.  Incidentally, I ran into trouble at the two week mark too.

5. stclairjack profile image81
    stclairjackposted 7 years ago

i am so far out in dial up land that i havent figured out how to contact hub pages,... even aunt Bee of maybery fame would laugh at me.

good thing about all of this is that i couldnt care less because i came to terms with the fact that i would never make a dime here,... i dont write self help how to remove stains and lose 10 lbs in 10 days hubs,.... and dont plan to.

i write the goofy crap that i write and post it to face book so my friends can gigle with me.

6. Susana S profile image96
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

Recent changes to google's algorithm and the effect it is having on hubpages could be one reason. I had a hub that had ads removed but then reinstated after moderation, they are now gone again. I think hubpages is doing it's best to keep google sweet.

Unlike "Dr" Wendy (and having been here for a lot longer) I've found Hubpages staff to be very consistent in what is and is not allowed and treat everyone equally whether a new or experienced hubber. A hub full of photos and not much text is substandard in my view - this is a writing site!

working