jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Many of your hubs have images of attractive young women. How has that worked ou

1. Garrett Mickley profile image81
    Garrett Mickleyposted 7 years ago

Many of your hubs have images of attractive young women.  How has that worked out for you?

I was wondering if you had split tested and seen that attractive women hubs get more hits than similar hubs with non attractive women, or no women at all?  I mean, everyone knows "sex sells" etc etc etc but I was wondering if you've actually tested the saying or if you were just going by the saying and are successful anyway, no test needed.  It seems to me that that kind of marketing plan only works for receiving hits from other hubbers, since Google won't have those images in the listings.

2. Misha profile image72
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

LOL Garrett, I honestly did not do any split testing or anything of that kind, I just naturally love women and enjoy good pics. So this is more of a personal preference than "sex sells". As for the google - it does have image search. smile

3. Edlira profile image67
    Edliraposted 7 years ago

I do not resort to that kind of strategy. I try to attract readers with content, not "eye food" and it has worked just fine!

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

A good photo; women, sunsets, flowers etc will catch the eye. However, photos of attractive people have an uncanny ability to drive traffic to your hubs, whether the reader stays there depends on the quality of the article.

So "eye food" is a technique or strategy which time after time has proven to work, the key is keeping the reader's attention once they go to the article. Articles that just depend on content run the risk of having readers miss them, so good photos always help.