jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I'm going to close down my blog. Can I move my blogs to hubpages?

1. Vishaaa profile image77
    Vishaaaposted 6 years ago

I'm going to close down my blog. Can I move my blogs to hubpages?

It is going to be a permanent close down. If I move it from there(not to duplicate as twice, but moving), will it be a problem?

2. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

Take a backup of your blog and its content, then close it down.  Once it is closed you can then create and publish your blogs on Hubpages, make sure that the content is unique otherwise you'll get into trouble with HP.

3. profile image0
    andycoolposted 6 years ago

No problem at all if you bear in mind not to duplicating by not deleting your blog first. I assume your blog contains some articles, which you can bring here at HP article by article, not the entire blog as one hub.

4. MysteryPlanet profile image65
    MysteryPlanetposted 6 years ago

The only problem I can think of that might come up is if someone has copied your blogs on some other sites. This is hwta happened to me recently. I took some posts down from a small blog that I was just going to get rid of. Well when I attempted to create hubs from them I got the duplicate error notice and then upon checking with copyscape I found that my blogs had been copied and pasted into some forums and other places.

SO be sure to check on that before going further, and good luck!

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

No, there is no reason why you can not do this.  I have done the exact same thing myself.

6. Rosie2010 profile image77
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

You got some interesting and useful advice here, so good luck to you.  But why do you want to close down your blog.  If it has been up for sometime now, you might already have followers.  May I suggest that you move the articles from your blogs a little at a time and use your blogs to link to your articles that you are moving to Hubpages.  That way you can still keep your readers.  Good luck and welcome to Hubpages!

7. meg jones profile image34
    meg jonesposted 6 years ago

if you move blogs and allready have some good coments and stuff what I would do is look at my blog and keep the things that ar awsome and put them on the blog you want to move to

working