jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Hey!? What's with the number on the bottom of my pic?!

1. lovitt profile image56
    lovittposted 8 years ago

I am so much MORE than a "7"!! lOl! JK! big_smile But seroiusly, what's with the 7?

1. marshall92 profile image64
      marshall92posted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's 7 out of a possible 100 points. That's your author score smile.

2. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hubscores are genreated by an algorithm through a series of IF-THEN arguments. IF you publish one hub a day THEN your hubscore will be x. IF your hubs have x number of views/comments THEN your hubscroe will be xx.

This little program was written by a human being using certain parameters, but that is as far as the human element is involved. If it is further involved, then we have a game of favoritism - or politics - take your pick.

To attach ANY part of one's self esteem to the tiny little number affixed to the corner of a 5k image is mildly delusional, to say the least.

Although, it is fun smile

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 8 years ago

Just write a few good, original, hubs.... and you will be high 80s or early 90s in no time....

3. lovitt profile image56
    lovittposted 8 years ago

O, Okay. lOl Thanks, so who gives out these scores?!

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Nobody, there is a complicated automated system.... but if you write quality stuff, your score will be quality.

4. lovitt profile image56
    lovittposted 8 years ago

O, Okay. lOl Thanks, so who gives out these scores?!

5. lovitt profile image56
    lovittposted 8 years ago

O Okay. I guess. Things I write up here are copywrited right?

1. profile image0

You are protected by copyright for your work yes, although you have to pursue this yourself. Hubpages informs you when your content has been duplicated, and gives you a link to that content.... I havent had anything stolen from hubpages yet, which is good for the content thieves, as I dont mess about with going straight to adsense.

6. lovitt profile image56
    lovittposted 8 years ago

Thanks! Your awsome, an anwser for every ? smile

1. profile image0

I know lol

7. lrohner profile image82
    lrohnerposted 8 years ago

On the copyright issue, all original works -- no matter where they are posted or published -- are inherently copyrighted. If you actually do the legal paperwork mumbo jumbo to legally copyright something, all that adds is the ability for you to sue for additional monies should you decide to sue someone. (Learned that little tidbit from my ex-boss who was a magazine editor and twice published author.)

8. Rebecca E. profile image80
    Rebecca E.posted 8 years ago

Keep writing orginal content and participate, and one more thing, on copyrights, as soon as it's one the computer and out of your head it's coyprighted.

working