jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What are the qualities you consider before you follow up a hubber?

1. Dreatech profile image59
    Dreatechposted 7 years ago

What are the qualities you consider before you follow up a hubber?

What need see in a writter before you decide to follow the writter up?

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 7 years ago

I usually look to see if we have some of the same interests.  I like to read some subjects more than others.  Also, I look at grammar and the quality of their writing.  I want to read hubs that are well written and easy to understand.  If someone does not put much effort into their hub, why should I put any effort into reading it?

3. Radamel profile image60
    Radamelposted 7 years ago

I am looking at the number of hubs and Hubscore. I also check what he/she writes on mostly.

4. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 7 years ago

Do I like several of their hubs, their style of hubs, the topics they choose.

5. tritrain profile image85
    tritrainposted 7 years ago

Are they a spammer?
    Are they friendly?
    Do they contribute to HubPages?
    Do they have any Hubs yet?

6. dtchosen profile image61
    dtchosenposted 7 years ago

If a Hubber follows me, I return the favor and follow him/her in return. But most of the time I look at the writing style, if I like it then I follow.

7. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 7 years ago

I,like many others, follow a huber who writes things that are of interest to me, and is a good writer. To a lesser degree I follow those who demonstrate to me, by their profile score, that they write good pieces that do go on HP built I do this only after I have read some of their work.

Try not to fall into the routine of only following members that have a certain score.

8. BlissfulWriter profile image66
    BlissfulWriterposted 7 years ago

The accuracy of the information and whether sources and references are provided.

9. ArtByCari profile image65
    ArtByCariposted 7 years ago

Basically, if I like their hub, I'll follow them. I figure that if they wrote something once that I like, they'll probably write something again that I'll enjoy.

10. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 7 years ago

Hi ! Mainly that I enjoy reading their hubs , score isnt important if they have really interesting articles that I like , Love Richieb s as he always does helpful hubs of diferent topics ,we get on reccomend another hubbers hub and see a lot of his, Kens & smackins hubs.

11. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Because this is a content site, and not a social networking site; I only follow people that I'm either friendly with, or who create content that is interesting to me.  I'm not going to follow someone on this site that I know that I won't be agreeing with much, because debating in the comments isn't the goal of this website.

Of course I'll still sometimes do some debating in comments, but the forums here seem to be made specifically for debates, and a whole lot more besides.

working