What makes you stop following a hubber?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Rastamermaid profile image66
    Rastamermaidposted 12 years ago

Have you ever stop following a hubber,what made you stop?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Usually I read the profile and check out several hubs before I follow someone.
      As far as I recall, I've only stopped following one hubber.
      Because the person supposedly befriended me, but later tried to keep me from standing good ground on an issue in the forums.
      I don't lightly tolerate anyone trying to take away my freedom of speech.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, often.  I follow Hubbers because they write something I find interesting, and I want to know if they write more. 

Sometimes it turns out the Hub I liked was a one-off, and they start writing about stuff I'm not interested in.  I may post a question to ask them to write some more on the original topic, but if not then I'll stop following them.

I occasionally review my list because it's easy to collect far more people than you can possibly keep track of.  I'd rather follow a few I can actually read, than follow a lot I never get round to.

Some people disagree with that because they equate following to making friends.  However, the original word for followers was "fans", which makes it clearer that you're just following an artist you admire, not making pals with them.

1. Paradise7 profile image70
        Paradise7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, true!

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

nothing

2. Rastamermaid profile image66
    Rastamermaidposted 12 years ago

When all the hubber does is blast people for their own opinion.

3. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 12 years ago

I follow if I like their hubs. if I don't, I stop following

4. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 12 years ago

I only follow those who's hubs I like, I dont follow any one who is bigoted and offensive to others.

5. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 12 years ago

I'll stop following a hubber when they turn around. cos I'm a shy kid really!

1. Neerizzle profile image72
      Neerizzleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Haha I lol'd.

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
      Just Ask Susanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL smile

6. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

When I first joined HP I started getting followers right away and I thought the polite thing to do was to follow them back. I also followed people hoping to be followed. As I grew on HP I realized that some persons I follow were not making any contribution to the community as in not participating in forums, answering questions or publishing hubs. Some of these persons have published 1 or 2 hubs in months, even years, and that's it. I ended up following 150 people before I knew it.

So now I went through my list and have kept the persons who make the most contribution, those that are active not only in forums but publishing hubs and have something of interest to offer.

7. lzlpio90 profile image69
    lzlpio90posted 12 years ago

I follow hubbers if i think some or most of their hubs are interesting for me. I quit following if i found out that his articles are not interesting anymore.

8. lzlpio90 profile image69
    lzlpio90posted 12 years ago

it depends where do you want to go... Phil has lots of beautiful places. Do you want to go to the beach? Islands? Places with cultural heritage?

9. donotfear profile image82
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

I stopped following someone because they insulted me and are full of snide and sneering remarks.  I had even been to this hubber's hubs and left nice comments, etc on what I believed was fairly good writing. But when I was demeaned, I stopped following the hubber. Simple as that.

1. Michael Willis profile image66
      Michael Willisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hard to see someone would be mean to you. You are always friendly and a nice person. 

I follow those whose hubs I enjoy, especially those with similar hubs. I have unfollowed hubbers before, but usually it is just to shorten my follow list of those I read less often or they have become inactive in writing.

1. donotfear profile image82
        donotfearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes Michael, I've had sneering remarks made to me. I ignored the remarks, but unfollowed the hubbers. People who have a reputation for demeaning others for their faith are often, in itself, displaying the very narrow-mindness they accuse those who they attack!

1. Michael Willis profile image66
          Michael Willisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear that.
          I guess some must have not liked my comment hear also. I lost two followers afterward. lol I don't have all that many, but I do write for the readers, not how many followers I can get.

10. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 12 years ago

I very rarely unfollow someone; once or twice I have when the person became too adamantly repetitive about some issue I thought was totally personal, and shouldn't be either a forum or hub topic.

11. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

I don't get why people follow me... I'm totally clueless!

12. tlpoague profile image81
    tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

I normally don't stop following someone unless I haven't seen any activity in the last 18 months or I have seen the person becoming abusive on HP. I follow people who write things that I am interested in and am selective about those topics. I don't like to follow people just to get them to follow me.

13. princess g profile image59
    princess gposted 12 years ago

I haven't had a reason to stop following anyone yet

14. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 12 years ago

This is bad because now I have that song going through my head
    Follow me by Uncle Kracker:

You don't know how you met me
    You don't know why, you can't turn around and say good-bye
    all you know is when i'm with you I make you free
    And swim through your veins like a fish in the sea
    I'm singing....

Follow me
    Everything is alright
    I'll be the one to tuck you in at night
    And if you want to leave
    I can guarantee
    You won't find nobody else like me

1. profile image0

one of my fav all time songs-playing it now

thanks

smile

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
        Just Ask Susanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mine too smile

15. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 12 years ago

I don't quit anyone.  Unless they do something criminal.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and whether I agree or not with the opinion, I respect that right.

1. Rastamermaid profile image66
      Rastamermaidposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I respect that I have the right to discontinue following. Just as I respect the right that anyone can say what they want,but I don't have to be around them or listen.

If you don't like what someone is saying,cut it off!

When I see the need,I unfollow.

2. profile image0

hell yes big_smile

16. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 7 years ago

Good question. From my point of view would be because of questionable conduct. Example abusive speech , violence in comments , argumentive people who refuse your right to your own choice.when there is an answer question topic its open to all unless it says so.
    People who are preducice against other nationalities , people are mean and not compassionate toward others. People who are so educated they brag and tear others down to feel superior.
    And the list goes on.
    But what keeps me here is the good hubers opposite of the bad they give HP a good name.

17. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

"What makes you stop following a hubber?"

Only if they're mean to me. big_smile

18. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

I refuse to follow hubbers who don't have a sense of humor, or have an incredibly boring online personality, but mainly those who forget my birthday and don't care as much as I do tongue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)